This impressive local amenity is situated beside King’s Sedge Moor and the Polden Hills, 5 miles south of Glastonbury in Somerset.
It caterers for the locality as an excellent venue for all types of functions and meetings from the toddler group to wedding parties.
The kitchen was constructed from domestic style cupboards and worktops and after only a few years in this environment was worn out. The committee felt that they needed something that would be robust to give them a longer life cycle and with commercial equipment to make it easier to cater for larger parties.
Following several on site consultations between our representative and members of the committee to develop plans and agree an extended scope of works Allsop and Pitts were awarded a contract that allowed the committee to hand over the keys on day one and walk back in 4 weeks later to a completely revamped kitchen.
The contract included:
- Strip out the old fittings, equipment, ventilation, floors and mechanical services.
- Install new mechanical services.
- Install hygienic wall and floor coverings plus a part new suspended ceiling.
- Install new bespoke stainless steel cupboards and worktops.
- Install new electric range, dishwasher, hot cupboard, water boiler and re-instate the ventilation canopy.
- Provide all labour for the works and Project Management.
- Provide all handover and safety certification.
The cupboards were manufactured locally and designed to be robust but also look good with all joining panels and kick strips fitted to smooth out the appearance and trims added to integrate the stainless steel into the existing building.
The work was completed before the deadline and the proud owners were trained how to get the best from all of the new equipment.